Monday, August 22, 2011


While Grandma and Mommy shopped at the health food store in Town, Matteo and Chloe May enjoyed watching the bees outside the store.  But when I look at this picture I see Matteo ...and I see this little girl, who seems to becoming just that, a little girl.  So tall, a mind of her own, humor of her own and loving anything her brother has - especially if it is in his hand :-) 

Ironically there was a time when I cried wondering if I would ever love like I loved Matteo - - and now I barely remember a time without Chloe, without her "teo".  Funny story about Chloe she often refers to herself as "you" - which makes sense as we say "there YOU are", or "that's YOU".  So the other day after helping Chloe May on the potty I say "Who do you want to flush, me or you?"  To which she replies "You" - so clearly I flush.  Well let me tell you the sky opened, she cried and carried on for about 4 minutues... because when she said "you", she meant "chloe."  haha.  Try and try as I might to get her to say Chloe, she always says "you" - even looking at pictures of Matteo and herself - she says "teo, you."  As I read today - the days are long, the years are short

But alas back to Grandma's visit and where we went today - back to our new favorite beach during low tide!


Matteo was more than delighted to show Grandma the new "snake" he caught - which Daddy reassured Grandma was jsut a fish.

And patience pays off, Matteo finally got to fly his new kite that he received at the end of the school year.


Dare I say I am starting to miss Grandma and she hasn't even left yet :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.