Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Central Park

Today we left for an early morning adventure on our way to the Central Park Zoo and Central Park itself!

We again took a train and this time TWO subways - always navigated by Daddy and accompanied by our same group of friends.

We took in the feeding of the seals,



saw a variety of animals from penguins, polar bears, everything in a tropical rainforest, snow leopard and then when we needed to rest enjoyed a 4-D movie.


A 4-D movie is when you experience what the movie is showing, so there were bubbles in the air, we were sprayed with water three times, the seats shook - a real wild experience - even Chloe May enjoyed it.

We then left the Central Park zoo and visited a neighboring zoo - where this time we fed the animals and got more hands on. Below Matteo and Daniel are posing like Bunnies :-)
Still loving my brother/sister photos!

Central Park is simply beyond georgous - and I know I have said that alot this blog, but truly I have never visited it and was just in awe at all there was to see and experience.  Not really "do" - but more like "enjoy."  

Matteo loved loved all the big rocks you can climb - can you spot him (in the green shirt) on top of the rock with Jules & Chloe May

At some point I always request (please don't gag) a hotdog from the street vendor - or as my friend calls them "brown water dogs" - I think wanting one is simply wanting to experience NYC.  So here we all took a break and enjoyed a brown water dog :-)


Down by the fountain and boats in Central Park


 What a view - what a day - what a truly wonderful experience - we got to blow these enormous bubbles, see a magic show, a juggler on a unicycle, hear sounds from all sorts of instruments echoing through the park, Matteo held a turtle right out of the water (I do not recommend) and we ran up countless stairs and used pottys that make my bathrooms look hospital sterile!  :-)


Though the day was not picture perfect - I was glad.  It taught us to deal with situations as they come and use our resources to help us through what we were experiencing.  What could have been a very embarrassing and uncomfortable situation at one point for myself, found us all laughing and joking about it later thanks to Jules and his quick thinking :-)  And truly no understatement when I say the greatest City on Earth - I was offered help with going down stairs with my stroller three times by strangers and one time a gentleman gave up his seat on the subway so this mama could rest her bum and feet.  

Needless to say I'm already planning our next trip to NYC Central Park as we barely touched upon all the Park has to offer in the 4 hours we were in it.  Check back to see when that is!  Until next time. e.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.