Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Post Office & Down Port


Because Grandma is here the kids always get up about an hour early - so while we wait for Grandma (as she is in the bathroom getting ready for the day), Matteo dresses up in Grandma's slippers, glasses and hat!



A true replica, wouldn't you say :-)

We began our day with a walk in a park I often take the kids to after their doctor appointments. Not exactly close, but I know Grandma would enjoy it - and indeed she did. What Grandma really marveled at was the old historic post office that sadly looks to be one of the ones that are going to close. Glad Grandma got to view it post-closing.

Then of course we continued and went down Port - which is a place Grandma says during all 28 days of summer school she looked forward to each and every day. 


This photo was taken about 4 minutes before the earthquake of 2011 hit!

I was talking to Daddy on the phone when the quake rocked our little piece of the east coast - imagine my horror when Daddy told me we were having an earthquake (because I didn't feel it) - and I look up to see the kids walking around this statute - not knowing what to expect, I quickly yelled to Grandma to get them down quick!  So no we didn't feel the earthquake, but Daddy felt it, and visually saw parts of our house moving (i.e. the rocking chair, a glass of water).  In a way I wish I felt in, but in another glad I didn't.

When we arrived home from our day of fun - we found a delightful surprise on the front steps - a neighbor left Chloe May a belated birthday present - and yes Sarah yellow is fastly becoming her color :-)



And finally all good things must come to an end and so Gramps came to pick up Grandma - much to our sadness.  


I can honestly say we made the most of our days and didn't hold back - just had a truly wonderful visit with our beloved Grandma.

Until next Summer 2012 Grandma - something to look forward to certainly :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.