Tuesday, October 12, 2010

birthdays

With two over the top birthday parties this weekend, it has me on the verge of canceling Matteo's - - - all we have to offer is a tire swing :-) KIDDING! - though that truly is all we have to offer!

Anyway, it did have me speaking with a few different people (varying in age) about birthday parties in general and I must admit that I just love a backyard (weather permitting) or indoor birthday party. I remember growing up and because my birthday is in January (please do not hold back a present from Christmas because I will know - - - I once got a book from MY HUSBAND that was inscribed "merry christmas Ellissa" - - OKAY HOLD BACK!) - I remember how much fun my sister's parties always were as hers was in September. I remember water balloons, girls getting all wet and the countless towels that were used. I remember the pizza and the box cake that was round with white icing. I don't remember balloons or decorations (though I could be mistaken). I also remember and loved playing ghost in the graveyard outside, it was such a gay old time, just awesome. Sharing our toys, our home our siblings with our friends. Nothing outrageous just simple pure fun. Also I always loved getting to choose a movie and the one movie I will never forget seeing at my sister's party was The Watcher in the Woods:



I kid you not seeing that trailer just now after two decades STILL gives me goosebumps.

A simple, fun birthday that is what we are all about.

Hope to see you on the 23rd - and always the best present of all is that of helping blow out the candles (figuratively because we respect not blowing out your candles, so please don't blow out Matteo's!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.