Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkin fest

First and foremost, HAPPY 14 MONTHS DOLLY!!!!

Sunday started out with our usual soccer game - which I must say I am enjoying so much more this season!

Now let me remind you Matteo can ride a two wheeler amazingly - not bragging, fact. However I watched WATCHED today as Matteo was playing defense - he stood alone, the coach threw the ball in-bounds (after it went out) during the "game" - right to Matteo and he took off to the group of kids, never once paying attention to the ball and there it stood ALONE!!!!



So why is this season better - because I find so much humor in the above story. You must. I also see how when a child falls Matteo too falls right next to them so today I questioned him why - and you know what he told me (which I saw happen but wanted him to confirm) - when someone falls, Matteo thinks they are hurt and hence falls next to them and gives them a kiss (boy or girl makes no difference). I have witnessed this first hand with some of our other friends - such a good boy he is!

Next we headed to Pumpkin fest at the local farm where Matteo enjoyed "milking" the cow. Actually these days Matteo cracks up with anything to do with pee or poop - or merely just saying those two words - - hence he referred to the cow as "peeing" -- lovely .



and hindsight said I should have saved his new coat for well - - an occasion other than the farm. Of course if there is a dirt pile Matteo is the first one to be on top (and sure enough a group of about 10 kids followed) - meanwhile there was a lovely horse show about 20 feet away - but the dirt was his big attraction.



And I love love hearing our friend Mr. C perform and so do the children!




And you can tell by the below photo just how enthused Chloe May was to pumpkin pick!


And hayrides, corn mazes, & good friends all filled our afternoon. Hope you too had a restful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.