Friday, October 1, 2010

School update

So today I placed a call to the school and Matteo's teacher (who had the day off) returned the call with an update on the hitting situation (which has happened a few times according to Matteo). The teacher went on to confirm that Matteo wasn't upset when hit and that the child apologized to Matteo and was reprimanded in an age-appropriate way. Also she indicated that this has happened to other children and, as expected, everyone is still adjusting to school. She was very kind in addressing my questions and obviously I am very appreciative for her taking the time to speak with me. Matteo is not upset by the incident so that's the end of it.

In other news, today, while i was supposed to go for a playdate, I was feeling too energized so instead we had an OVER PRODUCTIVE day, which included: making a pot of split pea soup (delicous), 2 lbs of lasagna (for Matteo's birthday party), went to library, got a price reduction on Matteo's winter coat (score!), and went to target (party favors, bookcase, etc.). Then ... went to Home depot where I got some leaf bags (as if raking and bagging leaves is not hard enough, now I have to BUY the bags...and we use over 100). And if you're tired reading that, imagine how tired I AM!

But in just a Chloe and Matteo update (certainly never to brag), Chloe May is really initiating walking on her own, even stands when I ask her to (and she feels up to it of course), and Matteo riding his bicycle is beyond what I could imagine for an almost 4 year old. He wants to climb so many hills with it, coast, glide and just take off (like a motorcycle he tells me). So if you're ever around, come stop by our family is really growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.