Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Katelyn!!!

What a picture perfect Sunday and what better way to spend it then with great friends and let me tell you, that is exactly what we did. Today we were off to Katelyn's FIRST birthday party. Though the trip was long, it was well worth it for the great friends, good laughs and happy memories we created together on this special day (did I mention pizza and cake?)

Below is a picture of the birthday girl herself, one day before her "official" day, though Amy did give a brief lesson how Sunday was her actual birthday due to leap year, or something like like that. To be honest, over my head and I was smelling pizza..I think I heard it call my name.



Next, Amy thinks she got a picture of Jules first (according to her blog), however sorry Snap-a-ratzi, we beg to differ.


Augh, Best Friends and their two precious children. Do you see how it was worth the trip? I haven't seen Amy in what must be 18 months, however like true friends when we first saw each other there were no long drawn out hellos, more like "Matteo is crying, how can i quiet him as quickly as possible?" Good work with the on-hand stickers Amy, though next time Cars woudl be more appropriate. Anyway to get back to what I was saying, it was like we never missed a beat when seeing each other, the way it should be. Friends.


The proud parents below.


And what party isn't complete without a make-out session? Here Matteo is giving an eskimo kiss to Katelyn.


And when Katelyn dared to sit on my lap, Matteo kept insisting "My Mommy" and after about 10 times of saying that (she didn't get the hint, though she was not trying to nurse off me, so maybe she did), Matteo proceded to climb all over the two of us. LIke a good sport Katelyn really didn't care.


PRESENT TIME and let me tell you, Katelyn made out great! A few rockers, some styling clothes, a push car with long handle (for your great outdoors Amy) and many more presents.


Katelyn trying out her new wheels.


And finally, another happy couple, who truly enjoyed such a relaxing time together with their friends - - Thanks Amy and Dan, and we'll see you in another 364 days :-) unless Amy takes my offer and comes and spends a night or two with Katelyn (Danny too of course).



Amy, not sure if you have this on video, though I imagine you must, however it's so exciting to watch it over and over I thought you might enjoy it. (Please excusing the crying toddler mid-way through, I swiftly airlifted him upstairs and away from the festivities).



but not before one last shot!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words your gonna make me cry. And you are so right it felt like we just saw each other last week not years ago. I felt really good to just hang out with you, Giulio, Danny and our kids. We so have to do it more often.

    Thank you for posting all of us singing to Katelyn.

    BTW I love the family photo of you guys, it's perfect you are all looking in the same direction and smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how affectionate Matteo was towards Katelyn, it was sooo sweet!!

    They were so cute together, I meant it too I would love to have you guys as the in laws, Katelyn would be very lucky, like I am with my in laws!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.