Monday, September 19, 2011

beans & fish

Imagine my surprise when I hear someone on the trapeze bars downstairs and come to learn that Daddy moved the bed under the bars so Chloe May (age 2) could have easy access - - the joy on her face says it all.

Matteo planted some "bean" (that is what the teacher told me) plant in school back in .... march.... well we kept it, planted it in the garden and ... BEHOLD...... the results (much much to my surprise).

No clue what it is ..... except to say I learned too late that the pink "shell" probably should have come off and hence I think we have lima beans(?) - - - feel free to correct me. 

And so that small amount made up part of our dinner tonight - - along with the delicious fish from our E family who so graciously gave us some of their delicious salmon as a "thank you" for fish sitting when their power was out for a few days.

Come to think of it - - another friend gave me her soup when the power was out and we had that for lunch...so do I hope the power goes out more - - - - well it wasn't a bad day - - :-)

And lastly I miss Matteo when he goes to school for 3 days - - - I think I secretly wish he didn't want to go or didn't like it - - I did give him the option of not going - though he enjoys going.  Made friends and even speaks of them.  We are teaching Matteo to tie his shoes and today at dinner he told me one of his classmates shoes were untied and he tied them for him.  Again confirmation holding Matteo and having him be the oldest in the class is a good move on this Mommy's part.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.