Saturday, September 10, 2011

Living life

At the encouragement of my neighbor, Matteo is back at soccer and on Her Team. I went to the first half hour of practice and when it came time for the game, Daddy met me and he stayed while I went home to greet company. Never will I make such a mistake as according to Daddy Matteo RULED the soccer field. Scoring two out of the three goals that were scored for our Team. He assisted in the the third goal. He helped children going the wrong way, he commanded the ball!!! What difference versus the last three seasons. Check back every Saturday for more updates!



Later in the day Nanny, Poppi & Granny came to visit and oh what a day we had. First we had lunch, then we went clamming, but only found muscles - though enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket and filled it to the top we did (free see food). And for my friend Sarah (a.k.a. - the DEP! (jk of course)) - our muscles were incredibly large - even my MIL commented on their size).

We then came home and spent no less than 3 hours cleaning same - but really a fun time was had by all - the chattering, the laughing and the occasional tear on Matteo's part who was probably overtired.
We finally sat down for dinner at 9 PM - though Granny advised it is not good to eat muscles so late, so we settled for plain pasta.

And with dinner so late, you know you are having a sleepover - and with three extra people, Matteo and Chloe snuggled in with Mommy and Daddy (not that I ever mind).

 

An enjoyable day was had by all - but never far from my mind was my Brother who passed away 21 years ago today.  Funny how certain events are etched in your mind for life - the sound of hearing the accident and knowing, the words from newspaper articles, my sister coming on the bus late - - a solemn reminder how fragile and precious life is and the best way to honor someone who is no more alive I believe is to live your life to the fullest and my Friends, that is what we did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.