Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School


First day of preschool (3 afternoons a week)



...and yes he cried as I left.


So I did what any mother would do - went back in and held him, talked to him, soothed him, and desperately wanted to say "tell me if you don't want to stay and we can leave" - - but I didn't. I felt horrible - why in our society is it okay to leave a 4 year old at school.  Thank God I was unable to take that lottery program.  Funny thing is, I said to the "principal" - this is the quietest Matteo will ever be - and with a class of 11 boys and 3 girls you know I hit the nail on the head.

Chloe May had the right idea this afternoon with a 2.5 hour nap - catching up from our end of summer Hurrah.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.