Sunday, October 23, 2011

F I V E YEARS OLD!

SOMEONE woke up 5 years old today (well actually not until 4:24 PM - but really let's go with Matteo woke up 5 yrs. old!).

...and isn't he handsome :-)



oh and fun, fun beyond belief! Energetic, loud - so loud in fact that his teacher initially thought he had fluid in his ears, but then has come to realize it's his energy.

After a relaxing morning playing with Amy & Katelyn while Mommy & Daddy got the party set up, we dressed in our best (or in Matteo's case his new star wars shirt) and got ready for the party to begin.



Funny story, initially I was just going to invite a few special friends and 4 boys from his class. Then I felt guilty and invited all the boys. And then a few weeks later I invited the 4 girls in the class. So pretty much it was a few special friends and Matteo's preschool class. But that's not all look who else came to celebrate:

G R A N D M A.


Now Grandma tends to overwhelm me with all the presents, but Matteo doesn't seem fazed by it, so I'll go with it.

For the first time ever celebrating with us: AMY & KATELYN! Amy being my elementary school BFF (the last "F" says it all) and Katelyn being our new friend. They are the best house guests: Amy helped with desserts and fun "Halloween" food ideas, while Katelyn is quiet as a mouse and just goes with the flow. So adorable.

Uncle Rocco is a constant in our lives - always there to celebrate and ready for a fun time.

I feel like we have grown up with Patrick - handsome isn't he?

We were delighted our friend Johnny could perform at Matteo's party.  He plays music for the children professionally and is beyond amazing. 


The pinata was something out of the old movie "parenthood" (thanks Amy for reminding me of that movie).  After everyone had about 4-5 turns each - we gave Matteo, Cousin Rocco, Patrick and Johnny several more turns...and still no success.! So we had Big Johnny take a few "soft" wacks.....and still no luck.  So finally little Johnny just went to town so to speak and we had success - - prizes that glowed in the dark (though it was light out) everywhere! 



Aunt Lois - another constant.  Always reliable.

 

Funny thing when Grandma asks who sent my children a card for their special holiday and I recite three people: Grandma, Aunt Lois & Uncle Bob - without fail always remember.  When Matteo and I had a few moments alone at this birthday and I asked him what was his favorite part he said "at the end of my party when Aunt Lois arrived."  Now Aunt Lois arrived towards the close of the party - and stayed for 45/60 minutes -(three hours travel time no doubt) and it made such a positive impact on Matteo. Special thanks to our Dear Aunt Lois.
So with an eyeball for a cake and donuts (which I don't normally give my children) for desserts, along with homemade pumpkin pie (made from a real pumpkin - thanks Kathy D. for the recipe), and a hot apple crisp we were ready for the all important happy birthday (see below).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.