Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas morning

Having fallen asleep somewhere between 10:30 & 11 PM last night, Matteo slept in - - though not by long.  He then got up to use the potty and told me the "stockings fell" - not realizing it was christmas morning.  So I told him it was Christmas and he snuggled in bed to read a book with me for about 45 minutes while Daddy & Chloe May slept.

Then we decided to get up and open presents - so Matteo woke Chloe May with a kiss (she responding by kicking and crying - after all who likes to be woken up!).

Santa you heard Chloe May's repeated request for a butterfly backpack!

Matteo got the singing monkey he wanted (but forgot to ask for) as well as a book of mazes (which he loves doing over and over with his finger).

Chloe May also got a surprise gift of the cash register she enjoyed playing with at our friends' Rory and Elissa's houses.

Ironically stickers in their stockings had these two halting the mornings activities to mellow out and do enjoy some sticker time.

Santa also gifted Chloe May with a fish - Clarice to be specific (though she is a "he").

The morning was lovely, yet simple.  A few gifts under our tree from neighbors (our friend Franny), Helen (pic to come on 12/28), and Amy.  One of the most touching gifts I personally received was a "mother's helper" gingerbread pin from Matteo's teacher - as she views me as the class mother (an honor).  Another gift I received that I found so touching, and yet ironic was from a mother whose daugther I walk into school about 4 times a month.  You see the mother is a sitter and in the car are 3 other children - so she cannot leave the car to drop off her daughter (a semi-neighbor of ours).  Now you see I feel so happy when I get to walk in this little girl as Matteo always runs ahead, is happy to get to class, etc.  But this little girl always waits for me to hang her coat, get her settled and kiss her goodbye.  It's so touching and yet I received the gift - when in fact the present is in my spending a few minutes holding her hand and just being with my little friend :-)  A lovely thought not doubt.

Celebrate the wonder of the season by enjoying the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.