Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve celebration

Our journey then continued to Nanny's house - where - though we missed Christmas Eve mass with Grandma, our attention was quickly turned to seeing all of Jules' relatives whom we don't normally see.  Now mind you Jules' mother is one of 9 children (8 living) with each sibling having 2-3 children.  So to celebrate with about 2/3 of those cousins was really a joyous celebration.  Perhaps the best part of the evening was watching our Matteo sit on Jules' cousin's lap (age 24) and play this young man's ipod for about 40 minutes.  Other cousins surrounded and took turns, but this young man really took to Matteo & vice-versa.  Also Uncle Rocco is also always loads of fun.  Nanny put together a feast fit for a king - the seafood overflowing and most delicious.  And finally we stuck around to wish everyone a Merry Christmas at the stroke of midnight.  Leaving Nanny's at 12:30 gave Jules & I time to straighten ourselves out (ahem), Chloe May still awake and ironically I called Grandma on her car phone and they were just leaving Aunt Lois' house.  So we stayed in touch with Grandma & Gramps and at a certain point put on our flashers and saw them across the highway - a perfect ending to a joyous day!

Ironically when we pulled in the garage at 1 AM on Thanksgiving I thought to myself "I am too old for this."  However when I pulled in at 2:30 AM Christmas morning, I knew Santa would be arriving soon and my energy was through the roof.  When I finally laid my head on the pillow at 4 AM  I was sure everything was in place and ready for a great celebration.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.