Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chipwrecked

After two days of relaxing and regrouping at home (from two days of travel and excitement), today I decided to venture out into the kids.  When if you think about it, venturing out during the school holiday can be scary, as there are LOTS of other kids out there.  But we played it safe and went to the movies - to see CHIPWRECKED!!!


Matteo was really excited and is always still as a rock and doesn't move during the showing of any movie, tv show, commercial, etc.  Daddy & Chloe May came along as well and even Chloe May was well behaved in the movie, though for the last 25 minutes or so she kept going between my lap and the empty seat next to me.  Not bad I say.  After the movie I took the kids out to a new burger joint where we enjoyed....burgers.  And then we walked over to the bookstore and spent another 1.5 hours there - reading books, playing with trains - just enjoying being together.  A great time by all.

I neglected to say we started the day by making pancakes for our 91 year old neighbor Helen - as it was her birthday.  On the way home I stopped to pick her up flowers (after all you are only 91 once) - and we rang her doorbell at 4:30 and serenaded Dear Helen.

Truth be told, Helen is always most excited to see Walter - she is a dog lover.  Helen has even taken to feeding walter for us - today she told us Walter came over for roast beef and gravy......... I wish Helen fed me some time :-)

Happy Birthday Helen - you don't look a day over 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.