Tuesday, December 13, 2011

candy

i always love celebrating birthday parties - whether old or young, party favors or no party favors (i actually prefer the later), cake (no option there) - however I must admit the ONE thing I can do without is the candy!  I mean so much candy.  In our pinatas we have put hershey kisses, and that is it.  But wow, do I feel like (and perhaps because it is the holiday season) - that we are on candy overload.  First we have an advent calendar - which the purchaser told me DID NOT contain chocolate - - it does - - one a day.  Next, our recent birthday party - again fabulous time - has Matteo asking DAILY for candy - to which I replied we are not having any more.  If you know Matteo - and any child his age, their teeth are beyond gorgeous - so young, healthy, etc.  Why why ruin them with an overload of candy?  And it being the holiday season - well you know candy canes are around (not our house).  And the topper on the cake - Matteo loves the new "orange box" cheerios at school - - I only come to learn when we are in target shopping he is referring to the receses pieces "cereal" (and I use that term very loosely) that he has for snack at school.

Sometimes an apple would be nice :-) 

There was no point to this - just needed a venting station.  Thank you for allowing me this time to vent.

Did I mention we are going to be making our gingerbread house this weekend - yes, Matteo received the kit for his birthday (so ironic).  But yes, it will be our first and I am looking forward to it.  Notice, I didn't say EATING it, just rather making it.  (let's see how long that lasts).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.