Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Chloe

yes Dear Friends, that was a contraction, followed by another and a stronger and another and one that was so bad I almost could not take it.....and then I checked email :-) Through one contraction I received the most touching email from our friend Sarah - - and another time I received a message from Adel - - a message that I said to myself over and over through the next hour. I felt so many strong women present in my life at this moment. Another strong feeling I felt - which is hard to do if you've ever been is labor - is I thought of all the women in our world who will never be able to experience this moment I was in. So really why was I complaining? Oh don't get me wrong, it didn't stop my complaining or my needing Jules' to count backwards (don't know why but it helped), but this is all that helped get me through 10:30 PM Sunday night to 12:15ish AM Monday when I called Sarah and asked her to come over and then called Grandma and Gramps and asked them to come down. Ironically because the contractions were so scattered, the doctor said he would bring me to the hospital and give me pain killer and then start the induction in the morning as per our schedule. Little did he know.....

Chloe May had different plans and here is our new family member: Chloe May - born 8/3/09 weighing 8lbs. 3 oz. at 8:07 AM. How relieved was Mommy her body didn't fail her and our beautiful daughter was born.


Relief, joy, astonishment, wonder and most of all beauty.


Of course Matto was so excited to meet this person Chloe we have been speaking of for the last 2 months. And most of all to be a "Big Brother."


Matteo could not give Chloe enough kisses :-)



Happy Birthday Chloe May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.