Sunday, July 19, 2009

Giving

A few days ago our neighbor lent us this book called "The Giving Tree" and I cannot believe that I have never read this book or come across it in all of my 31 years. What a great story - simple illustrations with a beautiful message. Anyway Matteo and I have read it about 3x a day since receiving this book.

Today while reading it, there is a page that says "the boy swung from her [tree] branches", well Matteo decided that he too wanted to swing from some tree branches and hence we enlisted Daddy's assistance in helping Matteo accomplish this task.


Two pictures, as I could not decide which I like best.



And on a sad note, I seemed to have developed a sore throat - which to a woman in my condition is not a good thing as I don't need this added stress to my body. So on this mildly hot day I sit sipping tea with honey - Amy I wonder if you got me sick over the phone :-)

Tomorrow is my official "due date" - - - keeping my fingers crossed our little bundle of joy arrives this week :-) (if you are wondering if s/he arrives - give a call or listen out your window if you hear fighting or crying you know s/he arrived and Matteo is spending time with Daddy ---hahah)

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide either, which picture I like best. There's both sooo much fun and excitement involved. It's really nice to see Matteo wanting to act out parts from a book. It's a true sign of wonder and great imagination.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.