Thursday, February 24, 2011

Change

Speaking to Daddy recently about my bit of reluctance to change, Daddy pointed out (and correctly so) - that I only have trouble with change when I don't initiate it. For instance, I waited almost 2 years to the day for Matteo's first haircut, and then one day I woke up and decide **today is the day** to cut his hair. But with my last name, I kept it my maiden name as I felt too pressured to change it.

But I've decided that Chloe May is in for a change - it is simply time to stop feeding her at night. After all I don't wake up and eat at night, nor does Matteo or Walter (cannot include Daddy because he works late and eats late). So today my motto was "in for a penny, in for a pound", and tonight when it came time to put Chloe May to bed, I kid you not she cried (not as hard) for ONE MINUTE, and then I continued to rock her/talk to her and she was simply very still and calm for about 10-12 minutes (though having her hand on my chest soothed her) and off to sleep she went. But I took it a step further tonight and did not feed her at night like she is used to, so when she woke up (no less than 5 times), each time I patted her and off to sleep she went. I was trying to hold out until 6 AM (sun up!), but when she really wailed at 5:45 AM - I decided she might just be hungry and gave in (also didn't want to wake Matteo in the next room). So there you have it folks, I feel very ......... empowered, really accomplished, this has been on my mind for a few months now and well I think the road ahead of me is still there, but I think the bumps are far less high then I imagined. Wish me luck.

And speaking of change, I really like what Matteo has done to his hair - wouldn't you agree?

and yes, he has started to play with Chloe May's sole Dolly - carrying it around and even slept with it once - which is fair game considering Chloe May plays with every toy of his - but only if it's in his hand at the moment otherwise obviously she shows no interest :-)

- - Every journey starts with a single step - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.