Tuesday, September 14, 2010

School - Day 2

Let's talk about Matteo's 2nd day of preschool. He went there today - and after a few extra good byes - and Mommy peeping in to be sure he was okay - he seemed a bit nervous - but when I walked out I could not help but tear up - I really think this preschool thing is a bunch of crap (sorry). I mean - it just is. Kindergarten should be 1/2 day - but because of all these crazy ass tests and standards, etc. kindergarten has become what USED TO BE 1st grade - you have to know how to write and read a little before kindergarten nowadays. Also, we have a friend in 1/2 day kindergarten and because it is only 1/2 day, no snack time, no play time and no lunch! Crazy . I think this whole school system is out of control - - - and leaving a 3 year old with a bunch of people I barely know just seems wrong. I hate it. It's horrible - - but you know what Matteo is taking to it slowly - and I feel like he will fully enjoy it once he gets to know the teacher better - - - so we will stick it out and see what develops - sorry for being so negative, it just makes me sad to leave a 3 year old MY THREE YEAR OLD, with someone I don't know. But if you ask me in front of Matteo, I"m all smiles and happy - because for him I feel that is what I need to do/be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.