Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Step and First day of School

Today was a day of two firsts here on the Lane:

First, Chloe May took her first step (to Mommy of course!) -

And then my little Matteo started preschool.....that's right after a year spent going back and forth I decided to enroll him in a two day a week program for not quite 3 hours each session and the result: happy at home....


excited outside....



And when it came time for Mommy to leave..... a hug and a kiss, followed by 6-7 more hugs and kisses, and then I walked out the door, walked down the hall....did the forbidden turn around, went back...and there he stood crying. My heart broke. Would I want to be left in a room full of strangers - - no more than I would want to be left alone in a crib to cry it out, so I went....hold your breath.....back in. And I calmed him..... and we hugged and kissed 3-4 times more and then I sat him down, stayed for a few minutes, and walked outside and .... again don't judge me.....stood outside the door for about 5 minutes of which he looked over ocassionally and saw me (that's right I'm that mother).... and let me tell you if he so much as said "take me home" I just might have.....he's only 3 - - but he started chatting with the little boy next to him and ... well I left for 45 minutes came back and he was all smiles. A success?? Not sure. Tune back in on Tuesday to see where we stand...though I will say they did win him over with milk and cookies! :-) I can't believe he is almost 4 - - my heart breaks he is so beyond adorable and chatty, though granted sometimes he makes "rude" noises, or laughs inappropriately but I take that as he just wants to make people laugh and smile and really is there harm in that? Not at 3.

So when Matteo came home, and after a bike ride with some neighborhood friends (though matteo is riding EXTREMELY slowly these days a result of 2 recent and somewhat painful falls from his bike) - Matteo took to using sidewalk chalk like never before and decorating my stairs ever so nicely. Thanks Matteo.


And Chloe has taken to nightly emptying the books out of her birthday basket from our cousins and going inside for a "ride".



Entertaining to all, especially our little Dolly.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.