Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Much to say about Today :-)

Having some - - okay many rocks left over from installing (?) a dry well, we used the rocks (which cost $25 - and really who pays for rocks...well Daddy does when Mommy is not around!) in our 4 window wells to help with the drainage(?).

Matteo was thrilled to find three balls - what an afternoon treat.



And just to illustrate how simple my Matteo is, I purchased 12 balloons today - the kind you blow up yourself - and gave Matteo 4 and watched him pop them. But watching him actually figure out how to pop them was pretty funny - trying to use his foot, but the balloon would fly away - or lay on it...still didn't work :-) Honestly, I think the grass was his best prop to use.

And Mr. Do It Myself Matteo has taken to combing his own hair...... honestly I LOVE his hair and make it look so neat and pretty.... but alas...



And after putting on his own shirt today he asked ever so polity for some M&M's which of course he received (3 to be exact because Matteo is 3 years old) - at 8:25 AM.

And our new favorite series - Elephant and Piggie - by Mo Willems. If you have never checked out his books - they are such a treat. Simple, innocent, nothing scary or violent, just thoughts that make you go "hu" or even laugh out loud as the case with this book and me, and if you know me, you know I don't laugh out loud very much.



And a very HAPPY GRADUATION to our nephew Andrew - - Way to go Andrew - may your school years be filled with continued happiness and smiles :-) YOU ROCK!

And in my quiet moments today, I have been reflecting on what is important and how short life is............ I hope you have not forgotten.

Lastly, ran into a high school friend on Saturday (with all the excitement of Grandma, I forgot to mention same) - - what a delight it was to see you Debbie - - - I am looking forward to continuing to get to know the mother you have become.

PS - please let me know how you like my new background - I'm not one to change, but thought it was time - - though to be honest, it's making me a bit nervous :-) Daddy's in luck, I'll never change husbands....hahaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.